The Pondering Pastor

These "Ponderings" originally appeared as articles in our church newsletter or bulletin or just as the musings of one bald pastor. I place them here to encourage you, my fellow blogite and maybe to help us all in our pondering.

Sunday, June 03, 2012

DEDICATED TO THE ONE I LOVE!


THIRTY-FIVE YEARS AGO, I COVENANTED, in the presence of God Almighty, my family, scores of friends, my commitment to love and cherish, to honor and protect the young woman that stood before me, Linda Joann Caswell. It is a decision that I have never regretted.
     Our thirty-five years has seen many turns in the road, some bumps, and unexpected surprises, yet for the most part it has been a pretty smooth journey. I have been one very blessed man. God has shared His manifold grace with me, not only to redeem, reconcile and restore me to Himself through Jesus’ death and resurrection, but in the giving of Linda to me as a faithful friend, a partner in parenting and ministry and the tangible expression of His love and leading in my life.
     The Holy Scriptures remind us that we are able to love because God loved us first. (1 John 4:19) I believe that love was expressed in the beginning when He made man and woman in His Image and brought them to each other. His love was manifested in His ongoing care and compassion even when we failed to appreciate and respect the love He continued to pour out upon us. His love was most greatly expressed in the giving of His only Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins. (1 John 2:2)
     So, as I dedicate this edition of the Shepherd’s Staff and The Pondering Pastor to my lovely wife, I must, in greater measure dedicate it to the One who made the love I know and experience possible, the God who is love. (1 John 4:7-8) To say that my life has been greatly and undeservedly blessed would be of the greatest understatement. Today, I stand humbly once again before God Almighty, my family and friends to declare my covenant commitment to love God and to love the one He has graciously given to me as friend, partner, and  lover. To God be the glory, great things He has done!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home