The Pondering Pastor

These "Ponderings" originally appeared as articles in our church newsletter or bulletin or just as the musings of one bald pastor. I place them here to encourage you, my fellow blogite and maybe to help us all in our pondering.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

BREATHLESS


THERE WERE A FEW THINGS that took my breath away this past week. First, there was my run through Henry Cowell State Park that led me up what I dubiously call, “God’s Stairmaster.” When I got to the top I was literally gasping for air.
     Then there were the 300+ kids and the 140+ staff that were in attendance at Vacation Bible School this week. Witnessing all those kids, young and old, singing, jumping and praising the Lord, definitely took my breath away. Add to that the responsibility to share the Gospel with little ones who might not even be able to write their names to those old enough to cop the attitude that they were “too cool for school.” Trying to creatively communicate the Gospel message to such a variance of age and experience sucked the air right out of me.
     But what really left me breathless was being able to pray a prayer of salvation with the 65 who came forward on Wednesday to personally say they wanted to follow Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Now THAT truly took my breath away! Once again, our gracious God entrusted to us the lives of those He loves. He gave us the awesome responsibility of sharing the Good News about the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and allowed us to partake in seeing kids respond to the love and grace of the Lord.
    Yes, this past week has left me breathless, but ever so thankful for the Holy Spirit who fills us up with the very breath of God. So, with a slightly hoarse voice, I declare to all who will hear, “To God be the Glory! Great things He has done!
Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home